Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blood Moon - 05 "Up a Box Canyon without a Clue"

I am recording this hastily, as I am unsure of how much time remains for us. My name is Fathak BurDjinn, of House Brdjin. I am currently using the moniker " Famous Jim," as my pirating ways were attracting too much of the wrong sort of attention. Not that it matters here, on this gods-forsaken plain, or in this waterless canyon.
I have been thrown into some sort of narrative I fear, as I awoke last week in a cave with four other people whom I have never met. We are, apparently - and according to a dead Orok - some sort of chosen warriors called, "The Order of the Swan." Sounds cool right? Yeah, not so much. Since then I've been shot at, stabbed at, chased, stabbed at some more, framed for the assassination of a clan chieftain, chased some more, and now forced to hide in another damn, dirty, stinky ass cave with a bunch of humorless sociopaths who seem to seriously dislike me, and not a damn treasure chest nor booty cache to be had.
So there we were, on our way to save the world, or at least this little corner of it, and some poor bastard with a sick wife and screaming kids stabs us in the back. Figuratively; he actually stabbed the Orokan Badger Clan's Chief in the back, which means they think we did the stabbing, and while I totally have no problem with backstabbing, it sucks that I'm actually innocent on this one. So. One more part of the world where I'm a wanted criminal.
Now we are hiding out in a little cavern in the ass end of a freaking maze, and one of our new "guides" tries to slit Kobsha's throat. Now maybe it would have helped her looks, or maybe not, but I'm really tired of not being the guy killing people! On top of that, we came across these clanless bastards, hoping to get them to join us in our "quest" to kill this evil demon guy, and they pull this shit? Yeah, he's really feckin dead now.
But his boss is this little slip of a girl who *beat a dead guy into a bloody pulp because she didn't get her way.* Unstable much? Sure, I like to crack a joke in the face of adversity but Glieve the feckin Traveler, what is up with that? Anyways, we've got less than a fortnight to travel 600 fecking miles and nip this demon sorcerer in the bud. Oh, and his army of evil orokan warriors. And who knows what kind of nasty, demon-y, undead and otherwise unnatural obstacles he puts in our way.
If only we could fly... It can be done, all we need an airship ( like the one that blew my dear old schooner out of the water), or a few trained riding drakes, ( they have them in the tintagels) or some enchanted cloaks. ( which can be purchased at any bazaar in Concordia)

Oh yeah, no problem, except that we're hiding in a fecking cave!

No comments: